- Video Editing
- TV advert Task
TV advert Task
You have been asked to create a YouTube video to promote next year’s music festival. You have been provided with video files and it’s up to you to edit these down to 1 minute length. You don’t have to use all the videos but you will need to edit the video, add effects and edit a separate audio track to be played over the video.
Your advert must:
- Be 1 minute long
- Be made up of clips from a minimuim of 3 different videos
- Transitions between clips
- Include a title and text information about the event
- Fulford Festival.
- Saturday July 25th.
- Tickets £50.
- See www.Fulford-festival.com for more details.
Your advert could include:
- A backing track or voice over
- Sound effects
- A logo / branding
Look at the examples of 30 second video that are advertising albums. What features are common?
- Make a list of features a good advert has.
- How many songs / videos feature in a 30 second advert?
- What kind of overall style do the adverts have? Can the slick editing be recreated?
The video files for the research task can be found here:
W:\008. Computing\Year 9\2 - Movie editing festival advert\A - research\30 second examples
Create a plan. Using a storyboard could be the best solution.
- How many mini videos will you use?
- Which mini videos will you use?
- In what order?
- How long will the mini video clips last?
- What narration will there be? And where?
- What writing will you add? Title? Labels? Credits? Act names?
The videos you can edit from are here: W:\008. Information Technology\yr 9\2 - Movie editing festival advert\C - create\videos for editing
Link: Storyboard template
Edit videos and combine them together to create your advert.
- Use Serif Movie Plus to chop down the mini clips to the right size.
- Combine the mini clips together one after the other – add in stylish transitions.
You will find the resources for this task here:
Shared area \008. Information Technology\yr 9\2 - Movie editing festival advert\C - create
- Text & Labels
Text & Labels
Add text & labels following your plan
The following text should be included:
- Fulford Festival.
- Saturday July 26th.
- Tickets £50.
- See www.fulford-festival.com for more details.
You could also think about adding artist names and any other details you think is important.
- Extension activity
Create and record a script and sync it to your video
e.g The acts at the festival will be....You can use Audacity to edit your sound before improting it into Serif Movie Plus.
- Feedback and Review
Feedback and Review
Use the Peer assessment sheet to get feedback on your work. When you have the feedback you should make improvements based on this.
You should create a document to review your movie, this should be detailed and give reasons and examples.
Have you met the different parts of the brief?
It should be one minute long
It should be made up of clips from a minimum of 3 different videos
There should be Transitions between clips
Does it include a title and the below information about the event?
Saturday July 25th
See www.Fulford-festival.com for more details.
What works well?
What didn’t work well? And how could this be improved?
If you have more time what would you do to improve your product?
How well did you work throughout this project? Is there anything you would do differently or spend more time on?
If you were to do a similar project what target would you set yourself?