Fulford School host a web version of Microsoft Outlook, both staff and students can use this to get access to email, calendar, contacts and tasks. This is called Microsoft Outlook Web App.
Fulford School also operate a full remote access solution but currently is only available for staff use.
When you are connected to the Fulford School network via Remote Access, you will have full access to software such as Microsoft Office and SIMS. You will also have full access to resources such as the staff area and your personal documents.
Links to both of these services are available on the Remote Access Information tab but are also specified below:
Remote Access https://remote.fulford.york.sch.uk
Outlook Web App https://mail.fulford.york.sch.uk/owa
How to use Remote Access
- Navigate to https://remote.fulford.york.sch.uk you will be presented with the Dell SonicWall login page, log in with your Fulford School username and password.
- Once logged in, you will be presented with the below screen.
- You will be presented with 3 options for remote access:
- Remote Desktop (HTML5) This option is HTML5 based, it should work with most modern popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Remote Desktop (Active X) This option uses an Active X control (add-on), because of this, it will only work with Internet Explorer.
- Remote Desktop (Java) This option uses the Java add-on, it should work with most modern popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Which option should I use?The HTML5 option doesn't require any setting up but does not perform as well as ActiveX and Java. Use this option if you have issues using ActiveX or Java.
The ActiveX option works very well and requires minimal setup, however, please note that this will only work using Internet Explorer.
Like the ActiveX option, Java works very well, however, Oracle Corporation update Java regularly and it has been noted that updated versions of Java have caused Remote Access to stop working.